Marijuana has been regarded as a therapeutic medicine for thousands of years and in many cultures. Thankfully, as more states and countries realize the benefits of responsible marijuana use, modern science can openly study its effects on humans.
Please read through this information to learn exactly how THC works in the body and ways to absorb it into your system for maximum benefit.
Orally ingested cannabis is processed through the liver where the THC is metabolized, making the therapeutic and psychoactive effects of the THC more powerful and longer lasting than smoking.
Dosages of Our Edibles
We recommend a dose between 5mg-25mg THC depending on your body size and how often you use cannabis.
- 1/4 Cup granola contains approx. 10mg-15mg THC
- 1/4 Cup seed mix contains approx. 15mg THC
- Our Cannabutter contains approx. 22mg THC per teaspoon
Eating Marijuana Edibles with Activated THC
- Try eating your Julie’s Natural Edibles with a healthy fat such as yogurt, milk or a non-dairy substitute. Fat facilitates THC digestion and intensifies the psychoactive effects. Avoid eating cannabis on an empty stomach.
- The psychoactive effects are usually felt at two different times during the experience, referred to as “peaks”. The first peak occurs when the THC has entered the bloodstream thru the stomach, the second (usually more intense peak) occurs when the THC is near the liver.
- Please Plan your day accordingly.
- Avoid over-ingesting by eating a small amount, waiting 60 minutes, and then eating more if desired effects are not achieved.
- If you over-ingest; rest quietly, drink water or tea to help move the THC along, avoid fatty foods, talk with trusted friend. The psychoactive effects should subside within a few hours.
- There is no known toxic amount of THC for a human.
- Never operate a motor vehicle as the effects can definitely impair your abilities.